I suggest we ...

run social media surgeries to help people learn how to use social media to share their stories.

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sophie Ballinger shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DB Caulfield commented  · 

Could I suggest that experts in the field run mega social media surgeries on how to run social media surgeries? With just this small change, the multiplier effect would be significant.

• watfordgap commented  · 

Fairly easy to set up but generate so much buzz in a community. The social media surgeries website makes organising simple. Alway happy to share the little I know about social media with others

• Lorna Prescott commented  · 

Our Take Part Pathfinder in the Black Country is going to run social media awareness sessions open to all, to explain how social media is used and help people understand why it may be useful to them. We will also train people to run social media surgeries - I'd like to run surgeries and facilitate promotion of community stories to a range of stakeholders through social media

• AdminDavid Wilcox (Social reporter, Oursociety) commented  · 

I know these are generally run as community events, but I've heard quite a few people in government say they would welcome surgeries too. Or maybe mixed community-council events? Would that work to help build relationships? Tech puzzlement is great neutral ground ...

• Sophie Ballinger commented  · 

Already happening in a few places, these are free events where people can drop-in to find out about social media and how it can help their community, group, campaign or organisation. Social media offers great opportunities for networking, sharing stories and mutual support.

General: Socialtech

Feedback and Knowledge Base