I suggest we ...

Realise community development through community coaches managed by local people

Person centred community coaches embedded in the community through well trained local networks, developing agency, association and progress...

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mike Chitty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeff Mowatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What we've been doing to leverage localised "people-centered economic development" is very much along these lines. Having proven the approach in the success of leveraging 10,000 micro-businesses in Russia, the plan we created in 2004 was focussed on funding UK social enterprise. We know how do do it and have done it internationally.

Just today I Iearned it's being put forward as a completely new approach locally and top down by an organisation called Gloucestershire First from public funds rather than the continuous community re-invest approach dismissed 7 years ago.

I need others to stand beside me more than ever to defend the bottom up approach..

• Joe Suggitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Julian/Mike, I think person centered work and its approach would be a great idea for Our Society to explore in more detail. I am big believer in this approach and feel it has a lot of potential in achieving some of the aims of Our Society.
    On the question of how we do it, I would have to kindly leave that to some of my more learned colleagues!!

• Mike Chitty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there is a need need to raise awareness of what person centred and responsive approaches look and feel like. If communities think they offer a sustainable methodology with a chance of working, then we can look at moving towards implementation. Perhaps initially a workshop on person centred and responsive approaches to #oursoc?

• julian dobson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree and think this is a fantastic idea. But is it something you're asking the Our Society network to do, or suggesting someone else should do? I think we need to be clear about that. If it's something the Our Society network should do, how do you think we should go about it?

General: Learning

Feedback and Knowledge Base