I suggest we ...

Create treasure hunts to help people map groups and assets in a fun & inclusive way

What does Our Society look in your community? Difficult to say unless you go out and see what people & groups are involved in the community, what activities there are. How can we make community mapping more exciting & more inclusive - treasure hunts can enable mapping the community & experiencing the activities you're mapping at the same time.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    noelnoel shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Simon DentonSimon Denton commented  · 

Agree with David W it should be linked with the "create local maps idea". Oh and do bore me with QR codes as I'd like to establish one for Hartlebury!

• fionamcefionamce commented  · 

The open buildings day is fab, even if all at the same time and not spread out. I'm curious...are Anneka Rice style jumpsuits are required...?

• noelnoel commented  · 

Jon, please do tell. Am doing treasure hunt in May and July and would be keen to test out, as well as for wider OurSociety of course :)

• Jon BeechJon Beech commented  · 

I've done this, very successfully in East Leeds. Would it bore the pants of people if I talked about the potential for QR codes [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code] on laminated bits of card that hyperlink real places to information? Only really viable for smartphone users in ready mapped areas though.

4square for community orgs anyone?

• noelnoel commented  · 

David, I think it could be a good way to create local maps. I haven't included any ideas on how social technology could link in with this, but am sure u could use SMS & twitter to collaborate. Yes Toby, we do need cheering up :)

• tobybtobyb commented  · 

i particularly like the 'fun' aspect of this idea. A sense of fun is always a good thing, but at the moment we all need a little cheering up :-)

Feedback and Knowledge Base