I suggest we ...

build an online user-created resource hub: research, toolkits and more

Why keep reinventing the wheel? We all know of useful resources, toolkits, and research on community action. Create a free online library where people can share, upload and download resources.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
julian dobson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mary McKenna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've done this at Learning Pool for local government online interaction & learning & we're hoping to do the same for civil society through My Learning Pool which is a very low cost (£25/person/year for 20 courses) resource that we hope will grow into a large online community.

• Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Slightly more technically focused admittedly, but I wonder if there's a use for a kind of "public code" repository too, for gathering together code useful to community and government projects, e.g. for accessing open data, useful blog themes, etc.

• Phil Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Potentially related to 'build a library of standard stuff'? Both mention not reinventing the wheel. Standard stuff could be given prominence in something wider inclusive of both?

• fionamce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There will be an increasing need for something like this once the new powers are in statute but the softer pointers are just as important. People will always relate well to practical help and feeling support without having to reinvent the wheel.

General: Resources

Feedback and Knowledge Base