I suggest we ...

Create 'doing better with less' methods/ideas through online & in-person service co-design/stories

One side-effect of standardised procurement from local/national government is a focus on measurable deliverables and audit, which often create inefficiency and programmes delivering outcomes, not solving problems. We need a place where techniques like 'systems thinking' and movements like service co-design can be understood & used by local groups - then developed into stories and methods which both help others do more with less and also build evidence about what works. This would be more interactive than a library/resource centre, less pedagogic than e-learning.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark BarrattMark Barratt shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark BarrattMark Barratt commented  · 

Sort of: it sits mostly in the methods corner and is nearest to your vision of the knowledge hub, but with a focus on action. This is different (in my mind!) from the 'library of standard stuff' that Paul proposes at http://bit.ly/h1EEXG. That works well (see our wikiable How-tos at http://bit.ly/fqS4VZ for example) for stuff which is broadly procedural - you need to know how to do it efficiently and effectively. This doesn't help with working out which things you should be doing (because they help people get housed) and which are a waste or counterproductive (because they slow things up or add cost for no benefit). Methods used by business seem unlikely to work with community groups/networks so we need to invent and communicate new ones. Given that this 'thing' doesn't exist it's a little hard to describe...

Feedback and Knowledge Base